**eastward movement is included

20100505

Variety.

Here's an amalgamate of older songs, an arbitrary commemoration of my last day at wHY Architecture. Saying goodbye was more bittersweet than I had anticipated, and I predictably turned to my music to piece myself back together. As you'll see, I'm trying very hard to relive my adolescence through my music.

Ride _ Dreams Burn Down
Their grunge/britpop sound is too grandiose to convey any sense of slacker indifference. If Muse were around in the early 90's, were a bit more shoegaze-y, and didn't suck they might sound something like this.

The Walkmen _ Stop Talking
It's mostly their patented shimmery atmosphere, which I've begun to realize is a common theme through a lot of the music that I'm drawn to these days.


Yo La Tengo _ Autumn Sweater
One of my favorite songs of all time.

The Thermals _ Now We Can See
Because I miss Portland, and it's catchy as hell.


Nine Inch Nails _ Heresy
I remember my dad bringing me into his office when I was in 5th grade, and I was innocently doodling on some scrap paper in one of his coworker's offices when I saw his stack of cds and this was the first album I saw. I vividly remember being fascinated by compact discs because I didn't own a cd player, so I put the disc into his discman and slipped on the headphones, completely unaware what I was about to subject myself to. All I remember was being scared senseless, and feeling like I was listening to Halloween. Today it is one of my favorite albums, , probably in large part due to this single experience.

The Vaselines _ Sex Sux (Amen)
Their sound is synonymous with Sub Pop, and makes me feel like a slacker teenager again.

Silver Jews _ People
Lyrics and sound that is straightforward, well-crafted and honest.

Portishead _ Undenied
Another of my favorite songs ever. Sealing it's place in my heart was listening to this album over and over while walking home from studio at night back in college. There is no comparison to this experience, especially when you're delirious from sleep deprivation.

No comments:

About _

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I take myself too seriously most of the time and I am trying to do that less. I remind some people of Woody Allen. I occationally indulge in the weekend camping trip. I adamantly support the Kansas City Royals baseball club. My identity is wrapped up in a few simple things, most of which are continuously displayed on this here blog.

Archive _