**eastward movement is included

20091204

day 302.


I caved. I made a non-2009 top album list.

I should note, these are essential to me, and are certainly not the greatest musical achievements of all time. In other words, my life without this music is hardly worth living. I should also note that this list is in no way permanent. In fact, half of these will probably change within the next month. What's more, I've been listening to an unhealthy amount of older Modest Mouse lately, which has a tendency to distort pretty much everything.

In no order _

1. Neutral Milk Hotel / In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
2. Tool / Ænima
3. Pearl Jam / Yield
4. Arcade Fire / Funeral
5. Built to Spill / Perfect From Now On
6. Deerhunter / Cryptograms
7. Led Zeppelin / Physical Graffiti
8. Radiohead / Kid A
9. The Walkmen / Bows + Arrows
10. Dismemberment Plan / Emergency & I
11. The Smashing Pumpkins / Siamese Dream
12. Modest Mouse / The Lonesome Crowded West

No comments:

About _

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I take myself too seriously most of the time and I am trying to do that less. I remind some people of Woody Allen. I occationally indulge in the weekend camping trip. I adamantly support the Kansas City Royals baseball club. My identity is wrapped up in a few simple things, most of which are continuously displayed on this here blog.

Archive _